This is my blog about creating an eBook publishing company to rival the big ones. I hope to prove that eBooks can be produced cheaply and I can impersonate professional companies good enough to turn a profit.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Get Published


I am hosting a contest to get published on my favorite writing site Writing.com.  Here is the link.  Basically I am looking for a short Sci Fi or Fantasy novel.  Feel free to enter if you want.  If you don't want to join Writing.com and you still want to enter, shoot me an email at tricorppublishing@gmail.com.  Doesn't that sound all official? As always feel free to comment so I know I am not talking to myself.
On another note, Kindle publishing is not easy!  I wanted to test the waters before I publish for real and it is not easy.  For other ebook stores like Smashwords you just have a word doc and convert it and you are done.  For the kindle that is not so easy.  You need to convert it before you convert it and there is always errors.  Then once you are done with that you need to add extra code so you can have a links for chapters and what not.  I considered having someone do it for me, but that would cost way more than my budget will allow. I guess I will just have to muddle through. For those of you keeping track my budget is now down to $42.01 and I still have not made a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment